The Manor History
Hommanäs Manor is a family business and estate with a history that stretches back several centuries. The manor came into the possession of the Andersson family in 1923 when Karl Alarik Andersson, the steward of the Kullo Manor and the great-great-grandfather of Magnus Andersson, the Manor’s present owner and CEO, purchased it from the state. In the centuries before that, the Manor had housed many occupants and witnessed many events. In the 1600’s Hommanäs was in possession of the Wrede family. A century later, in 1736, the famous soldier and partisan Tapani Löfving (1689–1777), was given Hommanäs as a reward for his heroic deeds during the war. A portrait of Tapani Löfving, painted on commission by Juhani Linnovaara, holds the place of pride in the hall of the Manor House. During its existence, the Manor House itself has undergone many changes. The oldest part of the Manor House in Empire style was built in the middle of the 1700’s, and outbuildings built in the 1800’s are still intact.